InformationNEW: Now you can download our brochure in English!
You can download this brochure here.
All information for cyclists
Popular cycling tour in Austria
Cycling and mountain biking on the queen stage to the Grossglockner
The cycling stages on the Grossglockner High Alpine Road
• The “Glocknerkönig-Strecke” (Eng. “Glockner King Route”) from Ferleiten (1,145 m) to the Fuscher Törl (2,428 m) with time measurement (only before 9 am and after 3 pm). Tackle sensational 1,283 altitude metres on a 12.9 km route!
• Detour from the Fuscher Törl (2,428 m) onto the Edelweissspitze (2,571 m) – additional 143 altitude metres rewarded with the most beautiful view of three hundred 3,000 metre peaks and the entire Glocknermassiv.
• Bike trail from Ferleiten in Salzburg (1,145 m) to the Kaiser-Franz-Josefs-Höhe (2,369 m). Enjoy fantastic 2,035 altitude metres on a 34.2 km route.
• Bike trail from Heiligenblut in Carinthia (1,301 m) to the Kaiser-Franz-Josefs-Höhe (2,369 m). Divine 1,068 altitude metres of 16.5 km of mountain road.
Accident insurance for cyclists & mountain bikers on the Glockner Road
Benefits of insurance for cyclists
• Invalidity (depending on degree) up to 15,000 Euros
• Death by accident 5,000 Euros
• Accident cost (medical expenses, therapies, etc.) up to 3,000 Euros
• Full coverage of helicopter rescue costs
• Plastic surgery up to 15,000 Euros
Tips for cyclists and mountain bikers on the Grossglockner High Alpine Road for download!
Service for cyclists on the Grossglockner High Alpine Road
We have laid on as wide a range of facilities as possible as well as useful services for you as a bike athlete to help you feel comfortable on the popular alpine road:
• Changing facilities for cyclists at Ferleiten road charge desk, Fuscher Törl and Hochtor.
• Cyclists’ showers at Ferleiten pay desk for ladies and gents (one shower cabin each). The key can be picked up at the road charge desk (alternatively pay desk, Spur 1) against a deposit of 10 Euros. The showers are located behind the building and can be reached via an external staircase. Please bring your own towels!
• Safes for depositing equipment and valuables at the points of interest.
• Bike racks in front of all shops.
• Free sticker for cyclists.
• Time measurement for the “Glocknerkönig-Strecke” from Ferleiten to the Fuscher Törl (only before 9 am and after 3 pm). Pay 2 Euros at ticket issue, draw a barcode ticket and start cycling, because time is already ticking! Read in the ticket at the evaluation device at your destination Fuscher Törl and receive confirmation of your personal cycling time. Arriving back at Ferleiten pay desk, exchange this confirmation for a certificate. At the same time, your performance is recorded in the official ranking, which is published online.
Download the current ranking!
Grossglockner High Alpine Road Cycling events in 2016
The multifaceted alpine road is perfect for outstanding cycling events. Amateurs and pros compete for the best ranking during legendary bike races on the Grossglockner, such as the Glocknerkönig, the Tour of Austria or the Grossglockner Bike-Challenge.