The driver safety training
Safe driving is the key
Road safety training courses for motorbikes and car drivers with the ÖAMTC
Two-day adventure drive from the ÖAMTC driving technique centre Teesdorf to the GlocknerThose who want to combine the enjoyment of extensive drives on the Grossglockner High Alpine Road with substantial road safety training have found the perfect match with the adventure ride for motorcyclists by the ÖAMTC. Ride for several hours a day and receive feedback and input for the next day from your driving instructor. Sleeping in the Edelweisshütte certainly is a special highlight of this tour, as you’re located at the highest point of the mountain pass road and can enjoy the view of more than three hundred 3,000 m peaks. By the way, did you know that 95% of the Glockner Road has been certified with top quality for bikers?
Information and registration for the guided Grossglockner drive with the ÖAMTC (in German)!
The most important safety tips for motorcyclists• Only drive rested and fully concentrated – motorbiking is a sport.
• Give your bike an annual technical check-up by a pro and arrange ongoing maintenance (brake fluid, lighting, tyre pressure, chain running).
• Only drive wearing safety gear: helmet, trousers and jacket with protectors, boots and gloves.
• Practice viewing technique: keep your eyes on the road the surrounding environment, ride carefully.
• Wear highly visible clothing and avoid blind spots behind cars.
• Train vehicle control and turn technique – best with road safety training, especially at the start of the season.
• Adapt your riding behaviour to your skills and the weather conditions.
• Never reach your limit and expect obstacles.
• Safety and driving fun go hand in hand!
ÖAMTC road safety training for car driversCar drivers are also confronted with new driving conditions on the Grossglockner High Alpine Road. Fog, wetness, snowfall and the unfamiliar road course can take unpractised drivers to their limit. Road safety training provides helpful knowledge from the right driving and braking technique to dealing with changing road conditions due to varied weather. Tip: you can also give someone a road safety training course as a voucher! We wish you a pleasant and safe drive on the Grossglockner High Alpine Road.
Yes, I’m interested in driving technique training for car drivers (in German)!