Due to a security barrier,the last drive up to the Kaiser-Franz-Josefs-Höhe is permitted at 3.30pm.
Road to Franz-Josefs-Höhe blocked at 4: pm !!
Almost all vantage points and parking and stopping places can be reached by car.
Visiting the exhibition sometimes entails climbing a large number of stairs and/or visiting upper floors.
The following exhibitions are easily reachable:
- Haus Alpine nature exhibition – modern museum of ecology in the high mountains
- Hochtor – exhibition “Passheiligtum Hochtor” (Eng. “Hochtor Sacred Pass”)
- Schöneck – nature exhibition and botanic round hiking trail “Wunderwelt Glocknerwiesen”Naturschau und botanischer Rundwanderweg “Wunderwelt Glocknerwiesen“ (Eng. “Magic world of the Glockner meadows”)
- Visitors’ centre on the Kaiser-Franz-Josefs-Höhe – exhibitions “Erfolgsgeschichte des Automobils” (Eng. “Success Story of the Automobile”) and “Alpenliebe” (Eng. “Alpine Love”), Glockner cinema, Glockner panorama room, national park information point (a lift leads to all four floors)
Barrier-free toilets along the road:
- Ferleiten pay desk
- Haus Alpine nature exhibition – wheelchair-accessible WC at the basement level
- Hochtor south portal
- Kaiser-Franz-Josefs-Höhe (next to the visitors’ centre)
The following restaurants and bistros have barrier-free access:
- Glocknerhaus – approx. 3 km before the Kaiser-Franz-Josefs-Höhe
- Gasthaus Schöneck – on the Gletscherstraße, ascent in the direction of Kaiser-Franz-Josefs-Höhe
- Bistro at Haus Alpine nature exhibition
- Bistro at the Hochtor